Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week Four

WEEK FOUR of Whole Living's 28-Day Challenge

Some of you may have been wondering if I was still keeping up with the challenge since I haven't been writing about daily lately. The answer is yes. I am still very much doing the challenge. However, now that we're in week four, there isn't as much to talk about other what I've learned from the challenge:

One: Caffeine is wonderful, but I am not Lorelai Gilmore. I may have once been like her and claimed, "I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking the coffee I stop doing the standing, and the walking, and the words putting into sentence doing." You know what though? I am perfectly capable of not drinking coffee and functioning. In fact, I am falling asleep so much easier than I have in years now. Have I given up coffee completely? H to the ELL no! I have cut back significantly however, and it feels great! I'm choosing green and black teas more often and the results are showing. Um, beautiful skin anyone? :)

Two: Smoothies are just about the best thing since sliced bread. The Green Smoothie is officially going to be the start to my day from now until forever! I keep trying more and more smoothies from the list of recipes provided by Whole Living. Other than discovering that I really hate kiwi in smoothies, I have yet to try a smoothie I don't like.

Three: Cardio will not defeat me. I will defeat cardio. Working out on the elliptical is getting easier and easier for me each day. It makes me laugh now when I think back to the first day when only five minutes on it made me collapse on the floor. I lied there thinking, Why am I doing this?! I kept up with the workout everyday though. Now ten minutes feels more like three minutes. I've been up to 30 min. for two days in a row now, and I'll be up to 35 min. tomorrow!

Four: Organizing your life in small daily tasks does wonders for the mind. I have always had a problem with taking on massive projects all at once. I've never just "tidied up my desk" or any other small chore without going into freak-out-hyper-active cleaning mode. Now, I'm getting better at tackling small projects one at a time. It makes life so much less daunting. Also, I'm learning to relax. Really relax. Not just zone out in front of the TV, but meditate, listen to music, read more, etc.

Overall, the challenge has been a fantastic experience that has and will continue to restructure my life.

1 comment:

  1. I need to try this challenge!
    -Allison Kaye
    http://www.craftedlove.com

    ReplyDelete