Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day Seven

DAY SEVEN of Whole Living's 28-Day Challenge
What I Ate?
Apple with almond butter
Veggie stir fry (leftovers from Day Six)
Carrot and celery sticks with hummus
Snacked on handfuls of almonds throughout the day

Detox Your Bod: Yoga Release, Back Strengtheners, Walk for 30 Min.
Today, I did the yoga release and back strengtheners, but opted to jump ahead to tomorrow's transition into jogging a day early. Although, I'm technically not jogging. I live in a climate that is COLD. A thirty minute walk on the ice is not ideal, nor is attempting to jog on it. So, I'm working out on an elliptical instead. I love the small transition of upping the work out by five minute intervals. I'm not the best at this sort of workout. Yoga I could all day. Anything more strenuous than walking is never something I've been a fan of, but I'm learning to be. Honestly, that was a huge part of why I decided to do this challenge. I need a reason to push myself and this is just the ticket.

Detox Your Mind: Deal With Stress Triggers
I'll be honest, I haven't been great about keeping up on my stress log. Though, I've been so wrapped up in doing feel-good thing due the the challenge, that I don't know that anything has been stressing me out too terribly much. I will however, try to be better about my log and dealing with stress triggers.
I went ahead and did yesterday's mind detox by cleaning up clutter. I ended up cleaning my whole room. I cleaned out my closet and filled two bags worth of clothes and shoes for goodwill. I also filled up three recycling bags of old magazines. My desks, dresser, and nightstand have all been organized. I'm so excited about this! I'm finally turning my room back into the nice organized space that it once was. It's becoming someplace I actually want to be as opposed to the mess of a room I sleep in.

Get ready for week two!

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to see so many other bloggers taking part in the action plan! i'm doing it too, and liking it so far. like you, i've been using the elliptical indoors, it's way to chilly out there! I still need to try some of the different smoothies. it's fun to see what everyone's been eating!

    ReplyDelete