Friday, January 7, 2011

Day Five

DAY FIVE of Whole Living's 28-Day Challenge

What I Ate?
A banana
Steamed broccoli and squash
Blackberry blueberry smoothie (1 cup frozen blackberries, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup hemp milk, 1/2 cup apple juice)
Carrot sticks with hummus
Apple with almond butter

Detox Your Bod: Yoga Release, Back Strengtheners, Walk for 20 Min
Starting your day off with these exercises feels great. I tend to keep doing them right after getting out of the shower. They're stretches that feel great, but not enough of a work out to break a sweat. Doing them right after showering feels great, because I'm already feeling clean and energized. Eleanor Rigby was not a big fan of having to walk in the rain today, however. Good thing she had on her little coat to stay warm!


Detox Your Mind: Catch Yourself Complaining and Stop
I'm amazed to say I actually did this! I have to be honest, I complain a lot. I work in an industry where it's natural for everyone to be going off about this customer or that customer. While venting is healthy, in this scenario it doesn't do much more than upset me. It's officially my goal to not complain at work. It's the one place I'm guaranteed to complain multiple times. If I can manage to stop complaining there, it'll have massive repercussions on the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment