Friday, January 7, 2011

Day Three

DAY THREE of Whole Living's 28-Day Challenge
What I Ate?
Apple with almond butter
Hummus with carrot and celery slices
Blueberry and Green Tea Smoothie (I used blackberries instead of blueberries- mm!)
Approximately 5 oz steamed broccoli and an apple with almond butter

Detox Your Bod: Yoga Release and Walk 15 Min.
The yoga release is unbelievable. I'm very tempted to up this exercise and do several other yoga poses in addition to these. Any of you who do yoga most likely understand what I mean by this- once you start doing yoga, it feels so good and is difficult to want to stop!
I am thoroughly enjoying upping the walking time. While an extra five minutes doesn't seem like a lot, I could feel it in my legs. I always assumed the walks with Eleanor Rigby were 10-20 minutes. However, having been timing them all this week, I discovered they average around 10 minutes. This discovery is now making me both nervous and excited about next week's transition from walking to running. It's going to push me, all for the better though!

Detox Your Mind: Start a Stress Log
By far, the stress log was a brilliant addition to this challenge. A huge part of why I took on this action plan was to help deal with stress. I know you must be wondering, "What in the world does a 20-something have to stress about?" Well, quite a bit actually- finances, job security, etc. Journaling about it feels great. I've able to get my thoughts out in a healthy manner. Another plus of a stress log is complaining to a notebook saves other around you the annoyance of complaining to them.

Another note: I noticed that dairy can be introduced on day 11. Since, I'm vegan and don't eat dairy, I've decided I will reintroduce soy into my diet on day 11. For the most part soy is my dairy. I use soy butter and soy yogurt in a lot of things. I will still refrain from soy milk, tofu, and tepah until day 13.

Yeah for me! I made it to bed before midnight tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment