Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Eight

DAY EIGHT of Whole Living's 28-Day Challenge
What I Ate?
Two Slices of whole grain toast with Earth Balance
Spinach salad with half a roma tomato, mushrooms, one fourth of an avocado, with Woodstock Dressing
I cannot tell you how giddy and happy I was to introduce wheat back into my diet. I love bread. I love toast, rolls, biscuits, muffins, bagels, English muffins- anything you can think of that is classified as bread. Cutting it out last week was very difficult for me, but I made it! Bringing wheat back into my diet felt really good actually. I switched to eating nothing but whole grains when I was sixteen, so there was definitely no twisting my arm to give up white bread or bleached flour.
And yes, I did use soy butter (which you knew would happen if you read my note here). Also, there is soy in the Woodstock Dressing.

Detox Your Bod: Core Series, Walk for 10 Min., Jog for 5 Min.
OK, so the core series is a little bit harder than I expected. Plank is simple enough, but I ended up opting to do the alternate boat exercise as opposed to this. Crow however, is HARD. This is a little of what was going on in my mind as I attempted to do this exercise:
Okay, I can do this. I can do this.
Um, no I can't.
Wait, that's not a positive though. You can do this, Mandy.
Damn right I can!
Um okay, maybe not...yeah not so much.
However, I am going to keep on trying! I will master this exercise.
Again, I worked out on the elliptical as opposed to jogging. It felt great too! I am still not in love with the elliptical. I may never love the elliptical, but it's good for me. So, I keep on going.

Detox Your Mind: Sit and breath for 5 minutes, exhaling for a count of 4 and inhaling for a count of 2
I love, love, love this. This is quite possibly the most relaxing thing I have participated in. It's an amazing way to relieve stress. Seriously, stop what you're doing immediately and do this. Hey, go crazy and do it for ten minutes even!

No comments:

Post a Comment