Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day One

DAY ONE of Whole Living's 28-Day Challenge
Dietary Challenge: Cut out/avoid added sugar, processed foods or beverages, alcohol, caffeine, wheat/gluten, dairy, peanut products, fruit juices, soy, corn, eggs
The diet part of the challenge was by far the easiest for me to do. Since I already follow a vegan diet, dairy and eggs are already omitted from my diet. I would say the hardest part was cutting out soy. It's a vital protein source for me, but I bought a ton of almonds and cashews to curb any tofu or soy milk cravings. I have to say I'm a huge fan of eating five or six small fruit and veggie based meals per day.
What I Ate?
Peach smoothie
An apple with almond butter
Spinach salad with half and avocado, red onion, sprouts, and shredded carrots (pictured above)
Detox Your Bod: Yoga Release and 10 Minutes of Walking
This week's physical challenges are going to be the easiest. I already do 10+ minutes of walking with Eleanor Rigby everyday. Yoga is also something I thoroughly enjoy. However, since I haven't touched my yoga mat in over a month, it was nice to do a few simple stretches yesterday.
I am savoring this first week. I know it'll be the easiest, but I'm also looking forward to challenging myself physically in the upcoming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment