Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day Ten

DAY TEN of Whole Living's 28-Day Challenge

What I Ate?
Green Smoothie
Apple with peanut butter
Mango banana smoothie (1 ripe mango, 1 ripe banana, 2 cups coconut milk)
Veggie sandwich (2 slices whole grain bread, 1/4 ripe avocado, 1/2 Roma tomato, and spinach, red onion, 1/2 yellow bell pepper, mushrooms sauteed in approx. 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar)
Green Smoothie
Hummus with celery slices

Detox Your Bod: Core Series, Walk for min 10., Jog for 10 min.
I still cannot do the crow. I try. And then I fail. And then I try again. And then I fail again. It's a cycle I'm not particularly fond of, but I am still determined. I hope that all the other arm exercises will strengthen me up enough to do it effortlessly someday.
Upping the jog (elliptical in my case) workout was good. I find the idea of doing the same amount of time two days in a row very smart. The first five minutes on the elliptical felt like a breeze compared to the first day. Therefore, I had a lot more stamina to go the extra five minutes afterwards.

Detox Your Mind: Visualize Success, Lengthen Your Meditation
This might be kind of silly since it isn't typically what one thinks of when visualizing success, but I visualized maintaining this lifestyle the challenge is creating. The eating healthy thing comes natural to me, but consistently working out or keeping my life in balance is always a struggle. After I did last week's de-cluttering task, my whole room was clean. Guess what. It's still clean. Normally, by this many days after a major cleaning project, stuff is already out of place, clothes are on the floor, and my desks are covered in papers. However, I'm putting a stop to it. Monday night, I tossed a pair of jeans on the end of my bed and a flag went off in my head. My mind suddenly reminded me, You're doing this challenge for a reason, so pick the jeans up and put them in the closet. And you know what? I did it. I put the jeans back in the closet. It sounds really small, but to me this is really significant. I've kept everything tidy. I no longer take my hair down and fling the band onto the nearest surface and then two weeks later have a ton of hair supplies in my room. I go put them in the bathroom where the belong. It's one small step for me, one big payoff for my clean room!

I'll be honest, I struggled with meditation yesterday. My mind was all over the place and I gave up within ten minutes. Fingers crossed for better luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment