Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Nine

DAY NINE of Whole Living's 28-Day Challenge
What I Ate?
Green Smoothie
Two slices of whole grain toast
Mango banana smoothie (1 ripe mango, 1 banana, 2 cups coconut milk)
Cashew Cream Smoothie
Whole grain pasta with Brazilian Braised Shredded Kale (recipe from this wonderful cookbook)

Detox Your Bod: Arm Toners, Walk 15 Min., Jog 5 min.
I want arms like Michelle Obama. I remember watching her at the Inaugural Ball and being in awe of those arms. Having arms like hers has been a mere dream, but I have a feeling that these arm toners are going to whip my arms into shape! I am sore. Really sore, but it's a good sore (if that makes sense?). The Mermaid Press is a sneaky little exercise- you do the first ten times no problem, but by the twentieth you feel it! As I began it, I was thinking, there is no way this is going to tone my arms. I really shouldn't think such silly things. I'm always proved wrong when I do.
Those five minutes on the elliptical are getting easier and easier!

Detox Your Mind: Take Time to De-Stress
My outlet for de-stressing was simply wonderful- I cooked. I didn't do any real cooking at all last week and it was making me crazy. So, I made one of my favorites- PASTA! Yummy, delicious, whole grain pasta with Braised Brazilian Shredded Kale (see above for link to cookook with recipe). Cooking is such a release for me. For an hour or two it's just me, a cutting board, and a skillet. It's my stomach yearning to hold what's in the skillet. It's my tongue dying to know how that sauce is going to taste. It's magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment