Friday, January 14, 2011

Day Eleven

DAY ELEVEN of Whole Living's 28-Day Challenge
What I Ate?
10 Grain Hot Cereal with fresh blueberries
Avocado-Pear Smoothie (I made it vegan with soy yogurt and agave nectar)
Two slices of whole grain toast with Earth Balance
Pasta (leftovers from Day Nine) with Savory White Sauce (recipe from this cookbook)
Today, dairy was allowed back in to your diet. Since I don't eat dairy anyway, I am slowly reintroducing soy back in the forms of "vegan dairy" (soy butter, soy yogurt etc.). It feels good. It was a real struggle for me to cut it out in the first place since it's a vital part of my diet as a vegan. I did, however, survive without it these past few days.

Detox Your Bod: Arm Toners, Walk for 10 Min., Jog for 10 Min.
The arm toners are getting a little bit easier. I have almost no upper body strength, however. So, it might make me a while before I feel strong in this department.

Doing the dishes. I enjoy doing the dishes. This was something I never really noticed until I was thinking about it today. I would venture to say much of it has to do with how much I enjoy cooking in a clean kitchen. Growing up I hated doing the dishes. My mother had a habit of stacking up dishes in the sink and sometimes they hadn't been scraped or rinsed properly. The sink was still getting used though of course. Food particles would clog up the drain and been floating in the inevitable pool of water. Sounds pretty, huh? Well, it would cause me gag continuously, because I was so grossed out by this. I hated having to touch disgusting wet bits of food left on plates. So, I got into the habit of always rising stuff off immediately after use. I am always cleaning as I go to avoid the scenario of chunks of food floating in the sink. I've been out of my mother's house long enough to keep my use of the kitchen organized and tidy. And I'm not afraid to say, I enjoy it.
Before bed, I sat up with a big mug of chamomile tea and listened to some A Fine Frenzy. It hadn't even been twenty minutes before I was comfortably sleepy and relaxed. This is probably my favorite stress-release so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment