Friday, April 22, 2011

Wake- Up Smoothie


Before the 28-Day Challenge, I was never a big smoothie person. To me, they were more of summer treat- something you made when you were tired of iced green tea and needed something cold while sitting on the deck with a magazine or book.

But now, I cannot imagine life before smoothies. I have at least one a day, because when you can turn a simple drink into something so delicious and healthy, why wouldn't you?! I really should've been blogging about this amazing smoothie long before now. I've been making it for almost two months now. It is truly the perfect start to a good day (which yes, sounds like an ad where I'm trying to convince moms across America that this is what your kid needs in order to stay happy and healthy all day long. But it's true.)

Who knew a little orange juice, vanilla soy yogurt, frozen blueberries, a banana, and flax seed could be soooooo good? Kim did, of course. I completely axed the wheat germ from this recipe. Let's be honest, no matter how healthy it is, it's gross. (Yes, it's true- even us insane health buffs have things on our "I don't care how good it is for you, I won't eat it" list.) I was seventeen last time I had wheat germ though, so maybe I should give it another shot....

Anyway, wheat germ thoughts aside, this smoothie is amazing. Whenever I wake up and realize I forgot to make my green smoothie the night before, I make this instead. And you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment