Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Forget Me Not, My Dear, My Darlin'


This past weekend was beyond exciting for me. I made a trip over to Spokane to see The Civil Wars perform at The A Club.

One half of The Civil Wars, Joy Williams, had a solo career long before the duo existed. As a result of following her career, I have been a Civil Wars fan since they first released a demo version of "Dance Me to the End of Love" over two years ago. I bought their first EP and waited with great anticipation for their first full length album to be released.

Seeing a tour date so close to home astonished me and I absolutely had to buy a ticket! As excited as I was for the show, they completely blew me away. I have never seen two people so perfectly linked in musical collaboration as Joy Williams and John Paul White. If they're coming near you, do yourself a favor and buy a ticket to the show!


Opening act Rayland Baxter was incredible! He was insanely sweet and signed a copy of his EP for me :)




The Civil Wars were kind enough to hang out around the venue after the show and take pictures with us adoring fans!

1 comment: