Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dear Husband To Be,

I want a townhouse.


Can we agree on that?


I don't want a big house on acres and acres of land. It's completely unnecessary to me. I don't need a hot tub or a master bedroom. Hell, I don't even need a big kitchen. I don't need a ton of counter space. As long as I can have a set of copper bottomed stainless steel pans hanging from the ceiling, I'll be happy. I prefer a cozy kitchen. Especially one with beat up wooden counter tops.


I simply need a space where we can be happy together. A space where I can have a small office. It doesn't even have to be a "real" office. A little nook in the living room is fine. I simply want a space where we can watch 90's sitcoms on DVD, cuddled on the couch. A space where we can someday put up a Christmas tree in the corner. I simply need a small dining room, so we can host small dinner parties with friends. A space where we can have dinners for two. I simply want to feel that delicious cold of a hardwood floor as I walk down the hall first thing in the morning. A hall where pictures of us will hang on the walls. I simply need a tiny backyard with a good fence so Eleanor Rigby has a place to play. A yard where we can sit on the back steps with Coronas in the summertime. 


I don't want a big house at all. I just want a home for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment