Friday, July 15, 2011

Sometimes, when I have a bad day I think to myself, "New York would fix this."

Because, somehow, no matter how big and scary the world is, New York makes me happy. Just the simple though of the city, just sitting here writing about it makes me feel like everything is ok.

It's funny isn't it? Thinking about how a place can heal you. It makes me believe that city may be magical. If only Disney had set a fairy tale there. (And I don't mean "Enchanted" - I'm talking the old animated ones.)

But I couldn't be in New York today. So, here I am at my favorite coffee house. My baristas make my usual right when I walk in the door and never charge full price. I take my soy latte and a book, tuck myself away in a corner, and escape.

If I can't be in New York, it's a pretty good second.

No comments:

Post a Comment