Wednesday, October 27, 2010

25 Before 25

Last fall, I jotted down a list of twenty-five things I wanted to do before turning twenty-five.
I hadn't looked at the list in quit some time, but upon looking it over again I was surprised at what I had accomplished in the past year...and quite unintentionally.

1) Visit 21 states I’ve never been to before
2) Be completely finished with my post secondary education
3) Read The Complete Works of Shakespeare
4) See A Fine Frenzy in concert
5) Live in Manhattan, even if not permanently
6) Go to an NFL game
7) Hunt down a copy of every Beatles album on vinyl
8) Take a road trip from one side of the country to the other
9) Perfect marshmallow frosting
10) Take my little sister on a trip to Manhattan
11) Go to a drive in movie theater
12) See every Quentin Tarintino movie ever made
13) Volunteer for a center aiding girls who struggle with eating disorders
14) Become a writer - a real, published writer
15) Learn how to be my own mechanic
16) Prepare and entire Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner by myself
17) Take a class on photography
18) Go to a show during fashion week
19) Fall in love - not just love someone, but be in love
20) Learn to play the guitar
21) Take a week and go back to visit Portland, Maine
22) Attempt to learn to surf
23) Travel around Europe
24) Revamp my love to sew
25) Bake a cheesecake

At the time I wrote this list, I had every intention of studying under the baking and pastry program at the Ai of Seattle. Here I am a year later, with and education in professional photography.
Whoa.
Can't wait to see how many things I'll have ticked off this list by next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment